Peter’s Carolina BBQ Spicy Baked Beans
Peter's Carolina BBQ Spicy Baked Beans
1 lb Navy beans – dry, soaked overnight in 2 quarts water
4 cups Water
8 oz Smoked bacon, diced (optional)
2 cups Onions, Minced
1 cup Peter’s Carolina BBQ
Sauce- western style
½ cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Ground Cloves
1. Drain and rinse the soaked beans and place them in a 4 qt. pot along with the 4 cups of water. Cover and bring beans to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 1 hour.
2. Heat a 10 inch skillet on medium heat and cook the bacon until crispy brown. Drain grease and add onions. Sauté 3- 5 minutes until translucent. Add the Peter’s BBQ sauce, brown sugar, and cloves and simmer over medium low heat for 3 minutes.
3. When the beans have finished cooking combine them (including the liquid) with sauce in a 2-4 qt. casserole.
4. Bake the beans covered for 2 hours at 300 degrees on the middle rack of your oven.
5. Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes.